Shine Like the Sun

Winter Solstice Sun
Yesterday was the Winter Solstice. The darkest day of the year. The day for me started out like any ordinary day. Coffee, breakfast, and a brief check of what is going on in the world. 

I will say I do not watch a lot of news or keep up on things. Maybe this is naive of me, but when I personally watch too much I feel overwhelmed and fearful. After all, most of the things on the news these days is scary and negative. Not to mention most of it is opinion driven so you can't trust it to be completely true anymore anyway. So I was scrolling through Facebook and headlines and I saw so much negativity. Even from people who are normally pretty positive. So I closed my computer and the family and I went into the woods.

My oldest and I with a beautiful Cedar
This day is the darkest, but that doesn't mean the bleakest. That big, bright Sun was shining so brightly as we stopped for a rest that I couldn't help but think that even though the world may seem a little gloomy these days doesn't mean we should be gloomy too. We can be a light, even if it is a small spark, for the world, for humanity, for Spirit. We can light up the things that are similar in each other as well as our beautiful differences. We can teach our children to be little lights too. A smile, a helping hand, a kind word are little sun sparks. They can light a fire. A fire so bright we can't become defeated by the troubles in our lives or the world. The Sun doesn't stop shining because the night is longer, we shouldn't stop radiating LOVE because the news is dreary.

Keep love in your heart and spread it like sunbeams!!

Grandmother Cedar
May Winter find you warm and loved!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nettles, The Heart Opener

Herbalist in the Big City

Raising Wild Children